Alma 7:10-12

And behold, he shall be born of Mary, at Jerusalem which is the land of our forefathers, she being a virgin, a precious and chosen vessel, who shall be overshadowed and conceive by the power of the Holy Ghost, and bring forth a son, yea, even the Son of God.

And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.

And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

2009 LDS Christmas Family Devotional Ideas

This year we will have the letters CHRISTMAS hanging on a small Christmas tree. For each letter is a Christ centered quality and attribute we can learn about and follow. Once a devotional is done, I will let the girls replace the letter with the picture from the devotional on the tree. (Pictures to come soon!)

I just want to take the opportunity to bear testimony that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World. Because He was born, because He lived His life perfectly and then atoned for you and I... we can have happiness! We can have peace and return to Him again after doing our very best. I love Christmas time. I love everyday of life.

I pray that my daughters can learn early through the teaching of the Holy Ghost who Christ is. I pray that my son can be proud of his mommy who adores him and does everything she can to return to him and make sure our family is eternal. I pray that Heavenly Father may know that I consider it a privilege to be able to bow before Him and confess Him as my God and His Son, Jesus Christ, as my Savior and Redeemer.

I hope these can help you and your beautiful families in any way shape or form! Merry Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sophia said...

Thank you so much for this! I to am going to try and do a devotional with my two boys, ages 4 and 2. You INSPIRE me!!!